Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and celery to the mini chopper (or a food processor) and whizz until finely chopped, then add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the chopped, whizz the mushrooms until they are finely chopped, but still retain some texture. Add them to the pan, along with the crushed garlic and chopped herbs. Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium-high heat, stirring regularly. When the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated and the mixture is dry on the pan, add the soy sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until reduced. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chickpeas to the mini chopper and pulse until roughly broken down but not smooth — some texture is good. Add the chickpeas to the mushroom mixture and stir in the mustard. Season well with black pepper. Taste and add salt if needed. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Divide the mixture in half. Roll out one of the sheets of puff pastry and add the mixture down one half of the sheet, keeping it around 2cm from the edge. Fold the sheet of pastry over the filling and use a fork to crimp the two edges together. Cut into six pieces, then place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining filling and the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Brush the sausage rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown.
358kcals, 23.7g fat (5.7g saturated), 30.2g carbs (2.4g sugars), 8.2g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.482g sodium
Popular in Picnic