For the waffles:
225g plain flour
1 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of castor sugar
350ml Avonmore Fresh Milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Avonmore Fresh Custard
1 punnet of berries of choice
- Combine the cream and milk in a small saucepan and warm over a low heat just until bubbles form at the sides of the pan.
- Whisk the egg yolks, cornflour, sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture until combined.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for a few minutes until thick. Leave to cool.
- Stir the custard with the whipped cream until combined.
- Toast the waffles until warm and top with the custard cream and fresh berries to serve.
Per serving: 394kcals, 24.8g fat (14.1g saturated), 40.6g carbs, 26.7g sugars, 4.8g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.167g sodium