Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing:
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3 and line two standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper cases.
- Beat the sugar with the butter until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Slowly beat in the flour and coffee until just combined.
- Spoon into the cases and bake for 15-17 minutes, rotating the trays after halfway through baking. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat the butter for the icing until pale, then gradually beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the coffee until combined. When the cakes are completely cool, swirl the icing generously on top of half of the cakes, then top with the remaining cakes.
- Whisk together the icing sugar and coffee for the topping, then spoon a bit over the top of each cake. Decorate with a chocolate-covered coffee bean.
Per serving: 383kcals, 24.4g fat (15g saturated), 39.8g carbs, 30.5g sugars, 3g protein, 0g fibre, 0.181g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Microwave apple cake