Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and lightly grease an 18cm ovenproof dish.
- Cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest together until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and beat until just incorporated.
- Add the egg yolks, milk and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gently fold the whites into the butter mixture.
- Transfer into the ovenproof dish and place this dish into a roasting tin. Pour enough water into the roasting tin to a depth of about 2cm.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and springy to the touch. Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes, then serve with cream or ice cream.
Per serving: 386kcals, 21.7g fat (12.8g saturated), 44.9g carbs, 31.4g sugars, 6.4g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.182g sodium
Popular in Picnic