Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a small saucepan, combine the stock and lentils and bring to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the rice and onion and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the stock has been absorbed and the lentils and rice are tender. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. In a bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, chilli flakes and some salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, Worcestershire sauce and half of the tomato and chilli sauce.
- Add the rice mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the breadcrumb mixture along with the garlic, carrots, mushrooms and parsley.
- Lightly grease a standard 900g loaf tin with oil or butter. Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and press it firmly into the bottom corners, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top of the loaf is golden. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Warm the remaining tomato and chilli sauce in a small saucepan over a medium heat or in the microwave. Slice the veggie loaf and spoon over the sauce to serve.
Note: butter can be used as an alternative to oil, if you wish.
Per serving: 367 kcals, 6.4g fat (3.1g saturated), 58.6g carbs, 7g sugar, 19.6g protein, 11g fibre, 0.706g sodium