For the spice mix
1tbsp garlic powder
3tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp onion powder
2tsp dried thyme
2tsp Siúcra Brown Sugar
1tsp all spice
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
For the vegetables
2 red peppers, sliced
2 yellow peppers, sliced
1 courgette, sliced
1 aubergine, sliced
1 sweet potato, chopped and par boiled
3tbsp olive oil
- For the seasoning, combine all the spices in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat your BBQ or griddle pan.
- In a large bowl, add all of the prepared vegetables, olive oil and 4-5 tablespoons of the jerk seasoning.
- Toss until all the vegetables are coated.
- Spread the vegetables on the BBQ and close the lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly charred all over and tender.
- Serve warm with boiled rice, sliced limes and sprinkle on sliced chili.
- If you have left over seasoning, add to a jar and it will keep.
This recipe is sponsored by Siúcra