Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, then toss in the flour until lightly coated.
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a casserole dish over a medium-high heat and brown the beef on all sides, working in batches to avoid crowding the pan and adding more oil if needed. Transfer the browned beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan over a medium-low heat and cook the onions and peppers for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the wine and bubble for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, beef stock, bay leaves and some salt and pepper. Add the meat back to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer covered for one hour and 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for one hour longer.
- Scatter over some fresh parsley and add a dollop of sour cream to each portion, if desired. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
Note: Mash can be used as an alternative to pasta, if you wish.
Per serving: 431kcals, 17g fat (4.7g saturated), 15.5g carbs (4.4g sugars), 49.1g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.465g sodium