150g fresh blackberries
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Place the blackberries in a pan and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until syrupy and juice.
- Gently mash the fruit to your desired consistency using a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, honey, chia seeds and thyme. Stir gently to combine, then allow to sit for five minutes to thicken.
- If you prefer your jam thicker, you may like to add more chia seeds. Stir in one teaspoon at a time, then let the jam sit for 3-4 minutes to see how much it thickens. Add more if desired.
- Store in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to a week.
Per 20g serving: 29kcals, 0.9g fat (0.1g saturated), 5.3g carbs, 3.5g sugars, 0.4g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.376g sodium
DID YOU KNOW?
This jam includes only two tablespoons of honey, rather than the high amount of sugar often found in a jam. It also uses superfood chia seeds as a thickening agent and an added nutritional boost; chia seeds are rich in fibre, protein and omega-3 fatty acids.