Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then fold in the flour and cocoa powder until combined. Stir through the milk until smooth.
- Fill the muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and pierce each cupcake a few times with a skewer. Drain the cherries, reserving the liquid, then drizzle the liquid over each cupcake.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut the top off each cake and scoop out a small amount of the cake from the centre.
- Chop the cherries, then fold them into the whipped cream. Stir in the vanilla. Place about a teaspoon of the mixture into the hollowed-out space. Return the tops to the cakes.
- Spread the remaining cream mixture on top of the cakes, then place them into the refrigerator.
- Roll out a sheet of ready-to-roll icing until thin. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out 12 circles. Pinch the circles up to make a ghost that is wide enough to cover the top of the cakes. Use a skewer to poke out two eyes and a straw to poke out a mouth in each. Place the ghosts on top of the cupcakes, covering the cream.
Per Serving 362kcals, 12.5g fat (12.5g saturated), 41.4g carbs, 25.7g sugars, 4.1g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.093g sodium
Popular in Kids baking