Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic with the mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Use a teaspoon to gently scrape the gills from the mushrooms (they are edible but can turn a dish an unappetising dark grey colour).
- Coat both sides of the aubergine slices and mushrooms with cooking spray and season. Grill the vegetables for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until tender and browned on both sides. The mushrooms may take 1-2 minutes longer than the aubergines. When cool enough to handle, slice the mushrooms.
- Spread the garlic mayonnaise on each piece of ciabatta. Place two slices of cheese on the top half of each ciabatta and melt under the grill until bubbling.
- Layer the aubergines, mushrooms, rocket or spinach and tomato slices onto the bottom halves of the ciabattas and sandwich with the top halves.
Per serving: 392kcals, 11.6g fat (3g saturated), 52.8g carbs, 14.3g protein, 8.2g fibre, 1.15g sodium
Popular in Picnic
Mozzarella and prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches