Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the Bolognese:
For the Sloppy Joes:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery for 12-15 minutes until softened.
- Increase the heat and add the beef mince. Cook until browned all over, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil and bay leaf and cook for five minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, red wine and beef stock. Season generously and cover with a lid. Simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally, until thick. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with the garlic and parsley and season with some black pepper. Mash with a fork to combine well.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Spread the tops and bottoms of the burger buns with garlic butter. Add around four tablespoons of the Bolognese sauce to each bottom bun, then add a slice of Mozzarella and sandwich together with the top buns.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking tray and brush the remaining garlic butter over the tops of the buns. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown.
Note: Soft baps can be used as an alternative to burger buns, if you wish.
Per Serving: 664kcals, 36g fat (17g saturated), 40.7g carbs (12.1g sugars), 47.1g protein, 9.2g fibre, 0.617g sodium