450g lean minced beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
200g tomato purée
8 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
80g Parmesan, grated
Large handful of fresh basil, torn
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- In a bowl, combine the minced beef, onion, turmeric, salt and black pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan set over a high heat and cook the beef mixture for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
- When all the liquid has evaporated from the beef mixture and it starts to brown, stir in the tomato puré
- Add the garlic and stir to combine. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the pasta has cooked to al dente, drain it well and then add to the beef mixture. Add the Parmesan, remove the pan from the from heat and stir to combine everything thoroughly.
- Divide between serving bowls. Top with fresh basil leaves and a little extra Parmesan and serve.
399kcals, 8.6g fat (3.8g saturated), 52g carbs, 5.2g sugar, 30g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.819g sodium