Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the remoulade slaw
For the burgers
To build and serve
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the remoulade slaw and season to taste. Cover and place in the fridge for at least three hours to allow the flavours to combine.
- Blanch the cauliflower slices in simmering water for 2-3 minutes until just barely tender. Transfer to a bowl of iced water for a few minutes. Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the flour in one shallow bowl and beat the eggs in a second. In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the grated Parmesan and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Carefully dredge the cauliflower slices inthe flour, then dip in the beaten eggs, turning to coat. Finally, coat them in the cheesy breadcrumbs, gently pressing them on with your fingertips. Place the coated cauliflower on a plate.
- Pour about 4cm of vegetable oil into a large pan and heat until a breadcrumb dropped into the oil sizzles immediately. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the breaded cauliflower for two minutes per side or until golden-brown. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain.
- Lightly toast the burger buns. To assemble the burgers, add some shredded lettuce to the bottom buns. Add the fried cauliflower and top with a generous spoonful of the remoulade slaw and some sliced gherkins. Sandwich together with the top buns and serve immediately.
Note: vegetarian cheese can be used as an alternative to parmesan, if you wish.
Per Serving 780kcals, 39.7g fat (8.6g saturated), 84.6g carbs (9.1g sugars), 23.6g protein, 7.9g fibre, 1.36g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice