Makes 1 large pizza (serves 2)
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
1 small onion, sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 large prepared pizza base
5 fresh figs, halved
120g blue cheese, crumbled
1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
50g Mozzarella, grated
- Heat the oil in a pan over a low heat. Cook the onion with the balsamic vinegar for 25-30 minutes or until soft and caramel-coloured, stirring regularly. If the onions start to stick on the bottom of the pan, add a splash of water. Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8.
- Place the pizza base on a pizza stone or large baking tray. Brush the top with olive oil.
- Spread the cooled balsamic onions over the pizza base. Arrange the figs cut side-up around the pizza and crumble over the blue cheese. Scatter over the Mozzarella and rosemary and season with black pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
609kcals, 29.9g fat (13.1g saturated), 66.2g carbs, 25.4g sugars, 22g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.887g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, any cheese will work, but we especially recommend salty cheeses. If you’re not cooking for vegetarians, adding some sliced prosciutto works very well.