2 x 120g tins of sardines in olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
Large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
6 Kalamata olives, chopped
Hot sauce (optional)
- Place a small ovenproof pan or baking dish in a cold oven. Preheat to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Drain the sardines and place in a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, olives (if using) and a generous crack of black pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread in the sardine mixture in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Take the pan out and carefully pour in the eggs. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, or until cooked to your liking.
- Allow to rest for five minutes, then serve with a few handfuls of rocket, some buttered brown bread and some hot sauce, if desired.
Per Serving: 393kcals, 21.3g fat (4.4g saturated), 14.4g carbs (7g sugars), 36.7g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.723g sodium