Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, peppers, chilli powder, cumin, paprika and some salt and black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
- Add the garlic, chillies and tomato purée and cook for two minutes. Add the wine and cook for one minute longer, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, then add the lentils and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the beans and season to taste, adding extra spices if desired. Simmer for 20 minutes longer for the flavours to combine.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and either rice, wraps, chips or potato wedges, reserving any leftovers for chilli cheese dogs.
Per Serving: 247kcals, 5.6g fat (1.2g saturated), 39.7g carbs (7.6g sugars), 12.6g protein, 10g fibre, 0.444g sodium
DinnerFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendlyDinnerMeat-freeLow-fatAmericanKidsMexicanFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Diabetic-friendly
Italian wedding soup