Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the slaw:
For the falafels:
- In a small bowl, combine the red and white cabbage, carrot and red onion. Add the vinegar and sugar, season to taste and toss to combine well. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- For the falafels, place the chickpeas in a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, harissa paste, egg, breadcrumbs and half a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Whizz until fairly smooth, then shape into 12 bite-sized balls with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and fry the falafels for three minutes per side until lightly golden.
- Warm the pittas in the toaster for 1-2 minutes. Spread the hummus over the tops of the pittas.
- Spoon on the pickled slaw and place three falafels on each. Scatter with chopped spring onions and coriander and drizzle with a little yoghurt, to serve.
Per serving: 349kcals, 11.8g fat (2g saturated), 46.7g carbs (6.4g sugars), 13.1g protein, 9.8g fibre, 0.207g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR