130g Digestive biscuits, finely crushed
100g butter, melted
2 tbsp Siúcra Caster Sugar
For the brownie layer:
120g dark chocolate, chopped
200g Siúcra Brown Sugar
150g Siúcra Caster Sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs
120g plain flour
For the topping:
250g white mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Line a 20cm square tin with foil so it hangs over the edges and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine the crushed biscuits, melted butter and Siúcra Caster Sugar in a bowl until it resembles wet sand. Press into the tin and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, set a large mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Add the butter and chocolate and leave to melt. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- Mix in the Siúcra Caster Sugar, Siúcra Brown Sugar and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs until the batter is thick and glossy.
- Fold in the flour until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter over the crust and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean; you want it to still be slightly gooey.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn on the grill. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top of the brownies, then place under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown — be careful as these can burn quickly!
- Cool slightly, then remove the brownies from the tin and peel off the foil. Use a clean, sharp knife to slice the brownies to serve.
This recipe is brought to you by Siúcra