Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the buttercream icing:
For the chocolate nests:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla essence. If mixture starts to curdle, add a little of the flour.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder, mixing gently to combine.
- Divide the mixture among the cups and bake for 15-20 minutes until firm to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence for the buttercream until smooth and creamy. If desired, divide the icing into separate bowls for each colour you want to use; gradually add the colouring and mix well until the required colour is achieved.
- Pipe or swirl the icing onto each cupcake.
- To make the chocolate nests, mix together the melted chocolate and crushed Shredded Wheat in a bowl. Shape the mixture into 12 nests, leaving a hollow in the centre. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper to set. When cold, place some mini eggs into the centre of each.
- Top the cupcakes with the chocolate nests.
Per Serving: 540kcals, 28g fat (17.5g saturated), 69.2g carbs, 42.9g sugars, 5.8g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.19g sodium
Popular in Picnic
Mozzarella and prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches