300g icing sugar
150g unsalted butter, softened
Red food colouring
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp cocoa powder
- In a bowl, beat together the icing sugar and butter until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in enough food colouring to make it pink and mix vigorously until evenly combined.
- Spread a smooth layer of pink icing over each cupcake in a domed shape. With the tip of a knife, make a line down the centre of each cupcake. Place the iced cupcakes in the freezer until needed.
- Pipe a winding pattern of icing on each side of the centre line to create the brain wrinkles.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the golden syrup, cocoa powder and a few drops of red food colouring.
- Remove the cupcakes from the freezer and drizzle the tops in the syrupy “blood,” allowing any excess to drip off.
Per Serving 343kcals, 18.6g fat (11.4g saturated), 44.2g carbs (33.3g sugars), 2.2g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.148g sodium.