Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a bowl, beat together the icing sugar and butter until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in enough food colouring to make it pink and mix vigorously until evenly combined.
- Spread a smooth layer of pink icing over each cupcake in a domed shape. With the tip of a knife, make a line down the centre of each cupcake. Place the iced cupcakes in the freezer until needed.
- Pipe a winding pattern of icing on each side of the centre line to create the brain wrinkles.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the golden syrup, cocoa powder and a few drops of red food colouring.
- Remove the cupcakes from the freezer and drizzle the tops in the syrupy “blood,” allowing any excess to drip off.
Pre-prepare your cupcakes using this recipe
Per Serving: 343kcals, 18.6g fat (11.4g saturated), 44.2g carbs (33.3g sugars), 2.2g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.148g sodium.