Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the peach jam
For the cupcakes
For the buttercream
- Add peaches and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over med-high heat, using a spatula or masher to crush peaches to desired consistency.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the jam sugar and return to a boil, stirring frequently. Continue to boil and stir, until peaches reduce and reach desired consistency. (Anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes – the jam should stick to spoon when lifted and turned sideways.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4, and line a standard-sized muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. With the mixer speed on low, add the dry ingredients, the sour cream, and the buttermilk. Increase the speed to medium and beat for 30 seconds, until the batter is smooth and thick.
- Spoon the batter into the cases, filling them about two-thirds of the way up. Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes, until the tops spring back when gently touched. Cool the cupcakes in the tin for five minutes, then carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and peach jam and beat until smooth.
- Use a corer, or the bottom of a piping nozzle, to create a hole in the centre of each cupcake, then fill it with the peach jam.
- Pipe the buttercream on top in a swirl and enjoy.
Per Serving: 605 kcals, 34.9g fat (21.7g saturated), 73.7g carbs (61.4g sugars), 3.5g protein, 1g fibre, 0.242g sodium
Popular in Cupcakes
Raspberry shortcake cupcake