For the cupcakes:
140g butter, at room temperature
140g caster sugar
170g self-raising flour
1 tbsp milk
For the buttercream:
400g icing sugar
200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk Assorted sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and add the milk. Spoon into the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat together all of the ingredients for the buttercream until smooth. Add a splash of extra milk if the icing is too thick.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with your nozzle of choice and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate the cupcakes with different types of sprinkles.
Per Serving: 448kcals, 24g fat (15.2g saturated), 56.3g carbs (44.8g sugars), 3.1g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.085g sodium.
Top Tip: Use a potato scoop to divide the mix among the cases. You will get the same amount in each and have an even batch every time.