300g potatoes, peeled and chopped
50g butter, plus extra, melted, for brushing
3 leeks, washed, trimmed and chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp plain flour
200ml milk, warmed
100g Cheddar, grated
100g Gruyère, grated
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
7 sheets of filo pastry
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the leeks for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and black pepper, then sprinkle over the flour. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a thick, smooth sauce. Stir in the Cheddar, Gruyère, mustard and parsley. Stir in the potatoes, season to taste and transfer to a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Unroll the filo pastry and cover with a clean, damp tea towel. Put a single sheet on a board and brush with a little melted butter. Roughly scrunch up the pastry and place over the pie filling. Continue with the remaining filo and melted butter until the top is covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the edges are bubbling. Serve with green vegetables.
Per serving: 658kcals, 30.5g fat (17.6g saturated), 71.8g carbs (7.9g sugars), 24.3g protein, 5.1g fibre, 0.399g sodium