Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
Find out more about Móinéir Strawberry Wine here!
- Roll the pastry out into on a floured work surface. Shape into a large circle and use to line a 23cm loose-based fluted tart tin. Use your fingertips to press the pastry firmly into the base and sides, trimming away any excess. Lightly prick the base of the tart all over using a fork. Place the tart base in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line the pastry case with parchment paper and half fill with baking beans (or dry rice). Bake the case for 25 minutes.
- Remove the beans and return the pastry to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- For the filling, melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan over a medium-low heat. Add the leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes until just softened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large jug. Stir in the crème fraîche and add the dill and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Beat together until thoroughly combined.
- Scatter the leeks and the crab meat over the pastry case. Pour over the egg mixture and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 25 minutes or until the filling is golden-brown and just set, but still wobbles slightly in the centre (it will continue to set as it cools).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing.
- Enjoy the quiche with a green salad and a glass of chilled Móinéir Strawberry Wine.
Per Serving: 474kcals, 33.8g fat (9g saturated), 32.2g carbs, 1.1g sugars, 11.6g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.183g sodium
PicnicQuicheDiabetic-friendlyMother’s DayBreakfast & BrunchLunch & snacksSpecial OccasionsFrenchCuisinesAfternoon teaDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Picnic
Easy fried chicken and asian slaw