Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use to line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base all over with a fork and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Line the pastry case with baking paper and add a layer of baking beans or rice. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Thinly slice half of one courgette and set aside. Grate the remaining courgettes into a sieve and sprinkle with a little salt. Place over a bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and baking beans and reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Return the pastry case to the oven for another five minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the courgette and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just golden. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for two minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large jug, whisk together the cream, egg, egg yolks, two-thirds of the grated Cheddar and some black pepper.
- Evenly spread the vegetable mixture over the base of the tart. Pour over the cream mixture and top with the remaining Cheddar and the reserved courgette slices.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden and just set. Serve with a green salad.
Per serving: 705kcals, 49.9g fat (13.8g saturated), 49.4g carbs (5.9g sugars), 18.4g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.431g sodium
PicnicQuicheMother’s DayBreakfast & BrunchLunch & snacksSpecial OccasionsFrenchCuisinesDinner partyVegetarian
Popular in Picnic
Mozzarella and prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches