1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
200g chorizo, removed from casings and chopped
Salt and black pepper
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
3 anchovies packed in oil, finely chopped (optional)
4 tbsp tomato purée
500g Irish beef mince
2 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion is softened and the chorizo is releasing its oils, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes, then stir in the garlic and anchovies (if using) and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir the tomato purée and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5-6 minutes or until no pink parts remain, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Serve the chorizo Bolognese over the pasta.
Per Serving 619kcals, 23.3g fat (7.6g saturated), 53.9g carbs (6.9g sugars), 46.9g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.912g sodium
Learn how to cook pasta perfectly every time with these clever tips.