Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the peanut butter icing:
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark 3. Grease a 20cm square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Add the butter and chocolate and allow to melt. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla extract and eggs in a mixing bowl until thick and pale. Fold in the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into the chocolate mixture. Use a spatula to gently fold it in.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is crisp and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut butter icing. Beat the peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl until whipped. Beat in the icing sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Spread over the cooled brownies, then scatter over the chocolate chips and peanuts. Drizzle over the chocolate sauce, then slice into squares and enjoy.
Per Serving: 686kcals, 41.7g fat (20.6g saturated), 70.1g carbs, 52.3g sugars, 10.6g protein, 2g fibre, 0.358g sodium
PicnicBrowniesSweet thingsChocolateEasterMother’s DayTraybakesValentine’s DayAmericanSpecial OccasionsCuisinesAfternoon teaBakingVegetarian
Popular in Picnic
Mozzarella and prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches