For the loaf
175g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
175g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
Zest 2 oranges
100g chocolate chips
Juice of 2 oranges
50g caster sugar
50g dark chocolate, melted
Orange slices and zest
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a loaf tin with non stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, orange zest and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- In a small pot, add the orange juice and caster sugar. Allow to simmer and get syrupy.
- Using a tooth pick, pierce the cake and spoon over the syrup.
- Using a piping bag, drizzle over the melted chocolate and decorate with orange slices and orange zest.
Per Serving 350kcals, 18.7g fat (11.5g saturated), 42.8g carbs (28.4g sugars), 4.4g protein, 0.8g bre, 0.128g sodium