250g gluten-free flour mix
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
120g butter, at room temperature
100g caster sugar
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla
200g gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a standard 900g loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a separate mixing bowl for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the bananas, eggs, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until everything is just incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 60-70 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the banana bread to cool to room temperature before serving.
Per Serving 355kcals, 16.6g fat (10.7g saturated), 47.2g carbs, 25.6g sugars, 5.5g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.244g sodium