1 tbsp olive oil
500g beef mince
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
250ml beef stock
1 x 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over a high heat. Add the beef mince and break up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Cook the mince for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly, until you can’t see any pink parts left.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Stir in the tomato purée, chilli powder, cumin and oregano and cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and beans. Simmer over a medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Taste the chilli and add salt and black pepper until you’re happy with the flavour.
- Ladle the chilli into bowls and serve with your preferred side. Pick a few toppings and put them on the table so people can top their own portions.
Per serving: 444kcals, 8.8g fat (2.5g saturated), 49.7g carbs, 5.9g sugars, 42.4g protein, 12.6g fibre, 0.239g sodium
Grated Cheddar, chopped avocado, salsa, sour cream, chopped spring onions, chopped tomatoes, crushed-up tortilla chips or coriander.
Wraps, rice, chips, potato wedges, baked potatoes or tortilla chips.