150g tenderstem broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
100g baby corn, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp Chinese five-spice
2 sirloin steaks, fat trimmed, cut into strips
2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp rice vinegar
- Drop the broccoli and corn into a pan of boiling water and cook for one minute. Drain and transfer immediately to a bowl of iced water.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflour and Chinese five-spice. Just before you’re ready to cook, add the steak strips and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or pan over a high heat. Add the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp and dark golden. Transfer to a plate using tongs. Drain away all but one tablespoon of fat from the pan. Place the pan back over a medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 30 seconds, then add the broccoli and corn and cook for one minute.
- Return the beef to the pan. In a small bowl or cup, stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar and rice vinegar. Add to the pan and toss to coat everything. Serve with rice.
Per serving: 493kcals, 23.2g fat (5.9g saturated), 26.9g carbs (6.9g sugars), 45.3g protein, 4.6g fibre, 1.003g sodium