½ a large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
320g penne pasta
½ tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, chopped
5 tbsp fresh basil pesto
200ml crème fraîche
250g leftover chicken, white and dark meat
2 handfuls baby spinach
100g Gruyère, grated
Large handful of breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for one minute, then rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pesto and crème fraîche and stir to combine. Add the chicken pieces and heat through for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Add the broccoli and pasta and stir to coat.
- Layer the bottom of a large baking dish with the spinach. Pour over the chicken mixture, spreading it evenly into the dish.
- Top with the Gruyère and breadcrumbs. Place in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden and crunchy on top.
Per serving: 652kcals, 23.6g fat (11.4g saturated), 68.5g carbs, 3.4g sugars, 40.7g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.366g sodium
Love pesto? Try these Parmesan salmon fingers with homemade pesto…