a Serves 2-4
4-6 carrots, peeled
100g panko breadcrumbs 60g flour
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the garlic and lemon dip:
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, crushed
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
- Cut the carrots into roughly finger-sized batons. Steam or boil for 5-7 minutes until cooked about two thirds of the way through. Remove the carrots and pat dry. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dip. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat the egg in a second bowl and place the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Dip the cooled carrots in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the carrot dippers for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve the crispy carrot dippers with the garlic and lemon dip.
315kcals, 15.6g fat (2.6g saturated), 37.5g carbs (4.5g sugars), 7.3g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.286g sodium