300g gluten-free self-raising flour
2 tsp cinnamon
200g light brown sugar
Zest of 2 oranges
200g carrots, peeled and grated
8 tbsp orange juice
100ml sunflower oil
For the cream cheese icing:
200g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
Zest of 1 orange, plus extra to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, sugar, orange zest and carrots.
- In a jug ,whisk together the orange juice, eggs and oil. Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Divide evenly amongst the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer
inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, icing sugar and orange zest until smooth.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Pipe a small blob of icing onto the top of each muffin and decorate with some extra orange zest