1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 large carrots, finely chopped
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
4 spring onions, sliced
500g beef mince
Salt and black pepper
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp tomato purée
500g cooked rice
Spring onions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the celery, carrots, peppers and spring onions. Cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the mince and season generously. Cook for 10 minutes until the mince is completely browned and beginning to go crispy with no pink parts remaining, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and tomato purée and stir to coat the mince.
- Stir in the rice along with four tablespoons of water. Stir to fully combine and heat until the rice is piping hot throughout.
- Scatter with some extra chopped spring onions before serving.
Per Serving: 478kcals, 11.8g fat (3.7g saturated), 47.8g carbs (6.6g sugars), 43g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.182g sodium