Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C/gas mark 3. Lightly grease a baking tray with butter.
- In a food processor, combine flour and cold butter and process until the mix looks like bread crumbs.
- Add sugar, vanilla and egg yolks, whizz until it forms a loose dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of cling film and shape into a log. Wrap tight and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- When ready to bake, remove the cling film and cut the log into slices.
- Place slices on a a baking tray, about 2 cm apart from each other and sprinkle on a bit of course sugar.
- Place the shortbreads on the prepared baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle the warm shortbreads with a little extra sugar and allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight tin.
380kcals, 22.1g fat (7.8g saturated), 29.1g carbs (2.5g sugars), 14.8g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.327g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies