Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Spray a Pyrex® Irresistible Glass Roaster with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add the butternut squash and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes until the squash is soft. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the squash and garlic to a blender or food processor.
- Add the macaroni to the pot of boiling water and cook for three minutes less than specified by the package instructions, adding the cauliflower and broccoli for the last 3-4 minutes. Drain very well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 120ml of the vegetable stock to the squash along with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Whizz until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for two minutes, stirring.
- Gradually whisk in the remaining 230ml of stock, followed by the milk. Still whisking, bring the sauce to a boil. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for five minutes until thickened, whisking often.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the squash purée, paprika, thyme, Gruyère and Cheddar. Season to taste.
- Add the pasta and vegetable mixture to the prepared Glass Roaster. Pour over the sauce and stir gently to combine. Scatter the panko breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Allow to rest for five minutes, then serve directly to the table in the Pyrex® Irresistible Glass Roaster.
Per serving 523kcals, 17.6g fat (9.3g saturated), 70.2g carbs, 6.9g sugars, 20.7g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.441g sodium
Pyrex® is a trademark of Corning Incorporated used under licence by International Cookware.
proudly brought to you by
DinnerFreezer-friendlyPastaDinnerMeat-freeAmericanKidsFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsComfort foodVegetarian
Popular in Pasta
Quick creamy bacon pasta