Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the bean-balls:
For the sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Thoroughly coat a large baking tray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the beans, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Pulse until chopped but still a little chunky.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the basil, oregano, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and some salt and pepper until well combined.
- Roll two-tablespoon portions of the bean mixture into “meatballs” between the palms of your hands. Place on the prepared baking tray, spacing them out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm to the touch and light golden brown.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add the garlic and tomato purée and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for one minute longer, then add the tomatoes, sugar and basil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully add the bean-balls to the sauce and simmer gently for five minutes.
- To serve, spoon the bean-balls and sauce over spaghetti and top with extra grated Parmesan. Serve with garlic bread.
Per serving: 511kcals, 16.5g fat (3.8g saturated), 71.8g carbs, 16.3g sugars, 25.2g protein, 20.2g fibre, 0.375g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Batchelors.
DinnerMeat-free30-minute mealsHigh-proteinFamily mealsBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Meat-free
Vegetarian puff pastry wellington by EUROSPAR