600g turkey mince
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp paprika
30g Parmesan, grated
120ml Buffalo sauce
Flour, for dusting
1 tbsp vegetable oil
6 hot dog buns
For the blue cheese dressing:
80g sour cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp black pepper
Pinch of salt
60g blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey mince, celery, carrot and garlic.
- Add the chilli powder, paprika, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, egg and half of the Buffalo sauce. Use clean hands to mix everything well together.
- Form into 12 meatballs and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides, working in batches if necessary to avoid over-crowding.
- Place the meatballs on a large baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked throughout.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, pepper, salt and half of the blue cheese in a food processor and whizz until well combined.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the remaining blue cheese.
- About three minutes before removing the meatballs from the oven, place the hot dog buns under a hot grill to toast them lightly.
- Remove the buns and meatballs from the grill and place two meatballs on each bun.
- Drizzle the sandwiches with the remaining Buffalo sauce and some blue cheese dressing.
Per serving: 457kcals, 20.4g fat (7.2g saturated), 36.8g carbs, 4g sugars, 30.7g protein, 2.8g fibre, 1.305g sodium