Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat half of the oil with the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for about 30 minutes until soft and translucent, adding a splash of water if the onions begin to catch.
- Add the garlic, oregano, paprika and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes longer. Add 30ml of water and cook until evaporated. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a separate pan over a medium-high heat. Add the black pudding and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until crisp.
- Add the pudding to the onion mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat and toast the sliced baguette until golden on both sides. Spread a thin layer of tomato relish on each piece, then top with the black pudding and onions. Scatter with a little chopped parsley and serve immediately
Per serving: 293kcals, 14.9g fat (4.9g saturated), 29.4g carbs, 3.2g sugars, 8.9g protein, 4.3g fibre, 0.217g sodium
IrishDinnerPicnicDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatSpecial OccasionsCuisinesDinner partyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR