Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat half of the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat. When hot, season the beef and add to the pot; do this in batches, if necessary, to avoid over-crowding the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the remaining oil. Cook the onions for 5-7 minutes until soft. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Return the beef to the pot and add enough of the beef stock to cover.
- Add the tomatoes and spices, adding enough chilli powder to taste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for two hours or until the meat is tender.
- When tender, stir in the peanut butter and simmer for another hour until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot over rice with some warmed flatbreads on the side.
Per serving: 580kcals, 29.9g fat (7.1g saturated), 21.4g carbs, 11.7g sugars, 57.5g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.694g sodium.
BeefDairy-freeDinnerFreezer-friendlyHigh-proteinOne-potFamily mealsSlow cookerFree-fromBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Beef
Steak salad, air fryer crispy potatoes and zingy coriander oil