Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Put the beef in a bowl. Sprinkle over the flour and some salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the beef until just browned on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan and cook the sliced onions for 6-8 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, butternut squash and lentils and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, wine and stock.
- Transfer everything to the slow cooker and cook on low for eight hours, or on high for four.
- Serve with mashed potato and peas.
Per Serving: 402kcals, 13.9g fat (3g saturated), 25.8g carbs, 4.6g sugars, 38.1g protein, 7.9g fibre, 0.566g sodium
BeefDairy-freeDinnerFreezer-friendlyLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatHigh-proteinLeftoversFamily mealsSlow cookerBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Beef
Steak salad, air fryer crispy potatoes and zingy coriander oil