Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the bang bang sauce:
For the broccoli:
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8. Lightly grease a large baking tray with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, flour, cornflour, egg, hot sauce and some salt and pepper to taste. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Working in 2-3 batches, toss the broccoli florets in the batter, then transfer to the panko breadcrumbs and turn to coat completely. Transfer to the prepare baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp. Scatter with sesame seeds, drizzle with the bang bang sauce and serve immediately.
Per Serving 406kcals, 14.8g fat (4g saturated), 57.2g carbs (12.6g sugars), 12.1g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.405g sodium
This is a showstopping side dish, but also makes a fantastic veggie main served over rice, quinoa or noodles.
*MAKE IT YOURS
Mix up the flavour profile by using a different hot sauce, or a chilli paste like sambal oelek.
DinnerFreezer-friendlyDinnerCholesterol-friendly recipes30-minute mealsKidsBudget mealsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Dinner
Mushroom, parsnip and kale Wellington