Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pastry:
For the filling:
- To make the pastry, combine the oil, flour, warm water and salt in a bowl and mix to form a dough. Knead for 2-3 minutes, then cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, heat half of the oil in a pan and cook the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli together for one minute, then add the sweet potatoes. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, until the potatoes are cooked through. If they begin to stick during this time, add a splash of water.
- Add the peas and cook for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the coriander. Season well and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured surface and divide into eight balls. Roll each ball out into a thin circle, then cut each circle in half.
- Use your finger to brush a little water along the straight edge of each semi-circle. Pick one up in your hand and bring the two corners together. Use your fingers to seal along the straight edge so that the pastry forms a small cone. Fill with a spoon or two of the potato mixture and seal closed with water. Place the samosa on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Brush the samosas on all sides with the remaining oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with mango chutney.
Per Serving 265kcals, 10.7g fat (1.8g saturated), 37g carbs, 2g sugars, 4.6g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.304g sodium
Dairy-freeChristmasCanapésDinnerPicnicStartersFreezer-friendlyIndianDiabetic-friendlyLunch & snacksLow-fatSpecial OccasionsFamily mealsCuisinesDinner partyBudget mealsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo