Makes 2 large jars
250g smoked streaky bacon, chopped
3 red onions, finely chopped
200ml cider vinegar
200g Siúcra Sure Set Sugar
200ml brewed espresso coffee
- Sterilise the jars by pouring boilling water into them and allow to sit until the jam is ready.
- In a large frying pan, fry the chopped streaky for 5-10 minutes until cripsy. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- To the same frying pan, add the chopped onions and cook until soft.
- Return the cooked bacon to the pan with the vinegar, Suicra sure set sugar and the espresso coffee.
- Cook for abour 10-15 minutes or until it reaches a jam-like conistency.
- Pour out the water from the jars and dry with some kitchen roll. Pour the jam into the jars. Top each jar with a circle of wax paper and seal with a lid. Label the jars to keep record of when they were made.
- This jam is delicious on burgers, toast or cheese scones.
This recipe is sponsored by Siúcra