Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/210°C/gas mark 8.
- Grab a 12-cup muffin tin and add a decent splash of vegetable oil into each of the 12 spaces.
- Place the tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes so the oil gets really hot (be careful!).
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a large jug to get lots of air into them. Add the milk, then sieve in the flour and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together until the batter is light and smooth and no lumps remain.
- Carefully remove the hot tray from the oven. Working quickly, pour the batter evenly into each muffin cup, nearly up to the top. Try not to drip the batter on the edges, as it can prevent them from rising evenly.
- Pop the tin back in the oven to cook for five minutes, then lower the heat to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes until risen and golden. Don’t open the oven for at least 20 minutes from when you first put the batter in the oven.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully remove the Yorkshire puddings from the tin and allow to rest on some kitchen paper for a few minutes before serving.
Why not serve these with this beautiful mustard and tarragon roast beef?
Per serving: 153kcals, 9g fat (2.1g saturated), 13.7g carbs (0.5g sugars), 4.4g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.032g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge