150ml sunflower oil
200g carrots, coarsely grated
1 tsp Odlums Bread Soda
2 tsp Goodall’s Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Goodall’s Ground Nutmeg
225g Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
For the icing:
125g low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
75g butter, at room temperature
75g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a standard 1kg loaf tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs, oil and honey in a mixing bowl until well blended. Add the carrots and mix well.
- Sieve in the bread soda and spices, then stir in the flour until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake in the centre of the oven for 45-55 minutes until nicely risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar in a bowl until very smooth.
- When cake has cooled completely, spread over the icing in a smooth layer. Leave to set before slicing.
496kcals, 32.6g fat (10.4g saturated), 47.6g carbs, 28.1g sugars, 6.3g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.29g sodium