Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Parboil the potatoes for five minutes, then drain.
- Blend together the garlic, ginger, onion and chillies then heat some oil in a deep saucepan and cook the mixture with the cumin, turmeric and a pinch of salt and pepper for about three minutes on a gentle heat. Add the curry powder and cook for one minute more.
- Put the potatoes, tomato, water and lentils in the saucepan and bring to the boil. Season.
- Cook for about fifteen minutes on a gentle boil until the water is well absorbed. Crush some of the potatoes to thicken the remaining liquid.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas stir well and top with chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower. Either grate it or blitz it in a food processor until it becomes a coarse crumb.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave for three minutes and serve with the curry.
Note: Olive oil can be used as an alternative to Rapeseed oil, if you wish.
396kcal, 5g fat, 0.4g salt, 8.7g sugar
Popular in Curry
Squash & lentil curry