500g Rooster potatoes, roughly cubed
175g red split lentils
70g tinned chickpeas
4 tbsp curry powder
1 garlic clove
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1 small onion, peeled
2 green chillies
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 handfuls of spinach
1 bunch of fresh coriander
1 small head of cauliflower
Rapeseed or olive oil spray to sauté
- Parboil the potatoes for five minutes, then drain.
- Blend together the garlic, ginger, onion and chillies then heat some oil in a deep saucepan and cook the mixture with the cumin, turmeric and a pinch of salt and pepper for about three minutes on a gentle heat. Add the curry powder and cook for one minute more.
- Put the potatoes, tomato, water and lentils in the saucepan and bring to the boil. Season.
- Cook for about fifteen minutes on a gentle boil until the water is well absorbed. Crush some of the potatoes to thicken the remaining liquid.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas stir well and top with chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cauliflower. Either grate it or blitz it in a food processor until it becomes a coarse crumb.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave for three minutes and serve with the curry.
396kcal, 5g fat, 0.4g salt, 8.7g sugar