1 tbsp olive oil
12 sausages, chopped into bite-sized chunks
1 red onion, chopped
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tsp brown sugar
200g cherry tomatoes
1 large avocado
1 crisp green apple, e.g. Granny Smith, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp water, mixed with the cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Add the sausages and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mustard, sugar, cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes longer until the tomatoes are just beginning to split, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, gently combine the avocado and apple.
- Divide the salad leaves between four serving bowls. Spoon the avocado and apple mixture over the top.
- Add the hot sausage mixture on top. Return the pan to the heat and add the vinegar and water mixture. Allow to bubble for one minute, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the pan juices over the salad and serve immediately with torn baguette.
Note: Lamb’s lettuce can be used as an alternative to watercress, if you wish.
Per Serving 338kcals, 25.3g fat (6.2g saturated), 18.8g carbs (10.3g sugars), 11.2g protein, 6.7g fibre, 0.383g sodium
Try adding medium-boiled eggs for extra protein. This salad is also delicious using black pudding in place of the sausages