250g baby new potatoes, scrubbed, halved and larger ones sliced into thick rounds
Salt and black pepper
½ tbsp olive oil
8 Hodgins Jumbo Sausages, chopped into bitesized pieces
8 x 1cm slices of Hodgins Black Pudding
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp honey
200g baby spinach leaves
2 avocados, thinly sliced
8 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
4 eggs, poached
- Place the potatoes in a large pan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender, then drain in a colander and allow to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausages and pudding slices and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning everything regularly. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the extra-virgin oil with the apple cider vinegar, mustard and honey. Season and whisk to combine.
- Turn the heat under the frying pan to high and add the potatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the spinach leaves between four shallow serving bowls. Add the potato mixture and the sausage mixture. Add some sliced avocado to each bowl and drizzle everything with the dressing.
- Top each portion with a poached egg and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to serve.
Serve the sausages whole, if preferred, or squeeze the sausage meat out of its casings and roll into small meatballs before frying.